Catalog number: 540.217-2 (Brazil)
1. (They Long To Be) Close To You (1991 remix)
2. Please Mr. Postman
3. Rainy Days And Mondays (1991 remix)
5. There’s A Kind Of Hush (All Over The World) (1985 remix)
6. This Masquerade (1990 remix)
8. Only Yesterday (single edit)
9. We’ve Only Just Begun (1991 remix)
10. Yesterday Once More (1985 remix)
11. Hurting Each Other (1990 remix)
12. Bless The Beasts And Children (1985 remix)
13. For All We Know (1991 remix)
14. Superstar (1991 remix)
This 1994 compilation hails from Brazil and was released by A&M/Polygram. Its plain white cover with gold-colored printing makes it look as if it were perhaps part of the A&M Gold Series of releases from 1991, but it’s not. It simply uses a similar minimalistic artwork. The inside black & white picture is the same one used in the European THEIR GREATEST HITS from 1990. But this is a totally different track list of 14 cuts.
The mixes used here tend to favor the most recent remixes but a couple of slightly older remixes, as well as some originals are present on this disc. Though the disc is official, it exhibits some troubling spelling errors: It lists “There’s A Kind Of Rush”, perhaps foretelling of too-fast proofreading; and it misspells “Solitaire” as “Solitarie”, perhaps a harsh punishment for the proofreader. These errors occur throughout the package – on the disc, on the internal track list, and on the back insert.
The disc itself reminds one of some early disc designs from Japan in the 1980s with a black left-half featuring the A&M, Polygram, and Compact Disc logos in silver, with the track listing spelled out on the right side in black on silver printing