Catalog number: SP 6601 (LP), CD 6601 (CD)
1. Yesterday Once More (1985 remix)
2. Superstar (1985 remix)
3. Rainy Days And Mondays (1985 remix)
4. (Want You) Back In My Life Again
5. Ticket To Ride (1973 version – reversed, segued)
6. Goodbye To Love (1985 version)
7. Bless The Beasts And Children (1985 remix)
8. It’s Going To Take Some Time
9. Calling Occupants Of Interplanetary Craft
10. Sweet, Sweet Smile
11. I Won’t Last A Day Without You (1974 single mix, slow)
12. For All We Know
13. Touch Me When We’re Dancing
1. There’s A Kind Of Hush (All Over The World) (1985 remix)
2. This Masquerade
3. Hurting Each Other (1973 remix)
4. Please Mr. Postman
5. I Need To Be In Love (1985 single length remix)
6. Make Believe It’s Your First Time (single edit)
7. All You Get From Love Is A Love Song (segued)
8. Top Of The World (1973 version)
9. Because We Are In Love (The Wedding Song)
10. We’ve Only Just Begun (1985 remix)
11. Those Good Old Dreams
13. Only Yesterday (single edit)
14. (They Long To Be) Close To You (single edit)
YESTERDAY ONCE MORE was released in 1985, and was an updating of a prior limited “TV” release. Sensing that the fans wanted something even more, Richard set about revising the TV set by rearranging the track order and doing some remixing on some earlier tunes to give them a more modern sound. This involved beefing up the bassline, tweaking Karen’s vocals with some reverb, and updating his own piano parts to be re-recorded in stereo.
The result was a very popular 2-disc set of the duo’s biggest hits. Like its earlier predecessor SINGLES 1969-1973, YESTERDAY ONCE MORE featured a number of tracks lightly segued together to make for a seamless listen.
To herald the album, radio programmers were sent a four-song EP as a preview. It included “(They Long To Be) Close To You”, “We’ve Only Just Begun”, “Yesterday Once More” and “Superstar”. The latter three were the new 1985 remixes. The EP was a 33⅓ RPM, 7″ record, AM 2735.
The set was so well done that two years later, for A&M’s 25th anniversary, it was simply repackaged as CLASSICS VOL. 2 with a new catalog number of CD 6750.
Original promotional ad for this compilation: