Catalogue Number: A&M AMLT-19748; VPCD 19748
Year of Release: 1978
Chart Position- U.K.: #2; JAPAN: #42
1. Sweet, Sweet Smile
2. Jambalaya (On The Bayou) (reversed stereo)
3. Can’t Smile Without You (single version)
4. I Won’t Last A Day Without You (1972 album mix, fast)
5. All You Get From Love Is A Love Song
6. Only Yesterday (album length)
8. Please Mr. Postman
9. I Need To Be In Love (single edit)
11. There’s A Kind Of Hush (All Over The World) (album mix)
12. Calling Occupants Of Interplanetary Craft
#1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12: Produced by Richard Carpenter
#2: Produced by Richard & Karen Carpenter
#4: Produced by Jack Daugherty
Art Direction: Michael Ross
Design: David Tyrell & Associates
Sleeve printed and made in England by Robor Ltd.
Though it follows in style and title from the 1974 SINGLES compilation, this second volume was released outside of the US, notably in Japan, Canada and the United Kingdom in 1978. It has been commonly available in the US as an import however over the years, but never actually released Stateside.
There are a couple of differences between the original LP and the later-issued CD. On the LP, the single versions of “Please Mr. Postman” and “I Won’t Last A Day Without You” appear, while on the CD the album versions were substituted.